Thursday, December 9, 2010

Review: Deep Cleansing Nose Pore Strips by Beauty Formula

Bothered several days already by unsightly darkened pores on my nose, I have been on a cleansing regime to rid my nose of these. I used my Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Treatment mask faithfully but to no avail - sure it cleaned my face and the pores on my nose, but it did not clear the icky black dots on the sides of my nostrils.  Then I remembered something I used to use - the Biore pore strips that I first heard about and used more than 10 years ago.  I would ask a flight attendant friend to buy them for me.  I recalled looking at them at the local Shen Shiong in Singapore, but not buying.  I think they were around Sing 3-5 per box of 6 strips, same brand, Biore.   The strips have an adhesive side which you stick on your (wet) nose.  You leave the strip on for around 10-15 minutes (or more if you like), and peel it off carefully.  If you're brave enough to look at what's on the peel, you'll be gratified to note little plugs that come off with the peel - blackheads and oil plugs!    Anyway, I looked for Biore locally but could not find them.

I took a look at Watson's Greenbelt but could not find any pore strips. Finally, today, I found a similar product at Watson's Mall of Asia!  I asked two sales girls about pore strips but they pointed me to the facial stuff, but nope, no pore strips (sometimes it seems like they don't know what they have in-store).  But on the way out I spotted the Beauty Formula Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (see right).

Update:  Went to Singapore last June and came back with the Biore Pore Pack.  It was Sing $4.95 for 10 pcs, a much better deal and a much better product!




The instructions say to clean your face first (wash with soap), and then stick the pore strip on a wet nose. The pore strips are shaped, meaning they're cut into a shape which folds neatly on your nose, and the sides of your nose.  If your hands are wet when you apply the pore strip, you run the risk of having the adhesive run, and you lose adhesive on the strip that you stick on your nose. No goo, no sticky stuff, and the strip won't adhere to your nose. I kept it on for 20 minutes and peeled it away.. a slight pulling sensation, not painful, occurs when you peel the strip off.  And viola...! You have the pleasure of seeing all the plugs on the cleansing strip!  A good enough deal at P179 for a 6-pack.

 I think the Biore is cheaper and has a better adhesive (gets more gunk off)  but the flipside is it's not available here.  Will buy the Biore in Singapore and compare it with this Beauty Formula nose pore strips.  Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment